- Facial hair throughout the ages
- Tallest Planned Buildings
- Where are animated movies set?
- Map of Aviation Disasters
- Tallest buildings throughout history
- Highest grossing movies of all time (adjusted for inflation)
- Most Subscribed Youtube Channels Over Time – Timelapse
- Deadliest earthquakes in history
- Deadliest battles in history
- Deadliest wars in history
- Moon replaced with other bodies
- Sun replaced with other stars
- Constellations throughout the ages
- Syrian Civil War and Iraqi insurgency – Timelapse
- Military Superpowers Throughout History
- Future Geopolitical Evolution of Europe
- The World – Stereotypes 2014
- The World – Ice Age
- World Political Map – Tanezrouft
- World Political Map – Livingstone
- World Political Map – Chancellor
- World Political Map – Decorative
- The World – 1875
- The World – 1914
- The World – 1938
- Map of the Internet 2.0.
- The World – Climate Change
- The World – Imperial Decorative
- Map of the Internet 1.0.
Map of the Internet 2.0.
Updated version of the all-time HalcyonMaps classic, the Map of the Internet 2.0. aims for succesful compendation of The Internet to scale suitable for standartized online navigation in an extent never seen before. This poster includes one full map of the internet, 4 minimaps showcasing NSA surveillance, most used social networks, most used internet browser, and worldwide internet penetration, list of Alexa Top 500 websites, quick timeline of the Internet History, top software companies and a lot of other things to explore.
This is version 2.0, published in March 2014 and up to date.
The map is designed in our vintage-style “decorative” theme, and serves as a perfect decoration for any household, office, school or computer lab.
This conceptual work of cartography treats major internet sites and enterprises such as Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, HP, and Apple like sovereign states, on a classic map of the world. To explain the dominance and relationships of these entities, they were all given a visual hierarchy that gives prominent treatment to companies with the most users (or sites with the most visitors), surrounding them with smaller countries representing related websites and services.
Map of the Internet 1.0 is divided into 2 main parts. The great eastern continent, the Old World, showcases software companies, gaming companies, and some of the more real-life oriented websites. The western part, the New World, comprises two major continents; the northern one showcasing social networks, search websites, video websites, blogs, forums, and art websites, and southern one dating sites, adult-oriented websites and internet crime.
However, this map showcases much more than just websites; additional smaller labels show names of website and enterprise CEO’s and founders, products of companies, or, in case of social networks, most popular pages or channels. In the land of Youtube, we can find more than 50 largest and most prominent channels, including RayWilliamJohnson, Vsauce, Smosh, Pewdiepie, and dozens more.
Another interesting part of the map is the “Porn Continent”. Showcasing all major adult-oriented websites on the internet, this is surely a place to be noticed. Off the coast of the southwestern continent, across the Sea of Tor, lie the islands of Deep Web. On the very south of the map resides “Great Southern Land”, a forgotten wasteland full of outdated and obsolete services and websites.
However, there is much more to explore. The map includes more than 250 separate websites/enteprises as sovereign states, and more than 2000 separate labels. On the upper corners of the map, there is even a list of Alexa Top 500 websites.