- Facial hair throughout the ages
- Tallest Planned Buildings
- Where are animated movies set?
- Map of Aviation Disasters
- Tallest buildings throughout history
- Highest grossing movies of all time (adjusted for inflation)
- Most Subscribed Youtube Channels Over Time – Timelapse
- Deadliest earthquakes in history
- Deadliest battles in history
- Deadliest wars in history
- Moon replaced with other bodies
- Sun replaced with other stars
- Constellations throughout the ages
- Syrian Civil War and Iraqi insurgency – Timelapse
- Military Superpowers Throughout History
- Future Geopolitical Evolution of Europe
- The World – Stereotypes 2014
- The World – Ice Age
- World Political Map – Tanezrouft
- World Political Map – Livingstone
- World Political Map – Chancellor
- World Political Map – Decorative
- The World – 1875
- The World – 1914
- The World – 1938
- Map of the Internet 2.0.
- The World – Climate Change
- The World – Imperial Decorative
- Map of the Internet 1.0.
The World – Stereotypes 2014
The May 2014 edition of the Map of Stereotypes, first of its kind on such a scale, depicts the world from a more comedic point of view, showcasing the most prevalent western stereotypes about other countries and regions all over the world. Partially inspired by Yanko Tsvetkov’s award winning Atlas of Prejudice.
This world map, inspired by a wide variety of historical maps, aims for bringing the best of traditional cartography to a contemporary setting, while reminding us about all the different stereotypes that are still prevalent in our society. And it is also quite humorous.
This map is designed in our vintage-styled “decorative” theme, and serves as a perfect decoration for any household, office or school.
The poster includes one full large detailed map of the world, 2 major maps showcasing northern and southern polar regions and 6 detailed minimaps: alcohol drinking per capita, cigarettes smoked per capita, average penis size, average breast cup size, average male height, and average human weight. Information panels outside the main map show population by country, countries by size, 75 largest urban areas, countries by cannabis users, oil reserves, global peace index and global happiness index.
The Map of Stereotypes is a grand compendium of all major stereotypes of countries across the world. Being derived from our “Major Decorative” map, it can serve both as an excellent source of geographical knowledge, and as a way to entertain yourself during these long winter nights.
Please, never take this map seriously. OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS MAP ARE NOT THOSE OF ITS CREATORS. THIS MAP WAS NOT MEANT TO OFFEND ANYBODY IN ANY WAY, IT IS A PARODY OF HOW PEOPLE OFTEN STEREOTYPIZE AND SIMPLICIZE VARIOUS NATIONS, COUNTRIES AND AREAS. Take everything you read there with a massive grain of salt, most of the things there are not in any way true, and lot of them reflect negative opinions and stereotypes, so, please, don’t feel offended by this. Thank you for acknowledgement.
“Political Map of the World Stereotypes” contains little more than 1800 individual stereotypes and popculture references, so there is a lot of things to explore. Thank you for reading.